Friday, June 4, 2010

World Cup 2010 South Africa - [Pre]-Analysis/Prediction

We are now only exactly one week away from the biggest sport event in the world, World Cup [2010 South Africa]. It is very exciting for a few reasons: 1) It is the World Cup, 2) It is the first time this event is hosted by an African nation, and 3) well, didn't I tell you? It's the World Cup!!! With that being said, as a HUGE football(soccer) fan, what better way is there to start the count-down than doing a pre-analysis and making predictions. So, starting from today, I will post analysis and prediction for each group per day leading up to the World Cup [only thing is one of those days, I will be making a post for 2 different teams.]

The analysis will consist of my thoughts on how each team within the group will perform, a little bit of their history, the best result [I believe] they will get in this tournament, and a player to watch from the team. The prediction will include how I think each match-up is going to turn out, and how the table will look like at the end of the group stage. Pay more attention to the Win-Draw-Loss, rather than the score line, since my predictions for the scores are going to be very arbitrary. [It is there because I believe the result of certain groups might come down to goal differentials.]

So without further wait, here it is! Group A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers